Other Nonimmigrant Visas


The CNMI-Only Transitional Worker (CW) visa classification allows employers in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) to apply for temporary permission to employ foreign (nonimmigrant) workers who are otherwise ineligible to work under other nonimmigrant worker categories. The CW classification provides a method for transition from the former CNMI foreign worker permit system to the U.S. immigration system.

Crewmember (C-1/D Visa)

Crewmember (D) visas are given to persons working on board sea vessels or international airlines in the United States, providing services required for normal operation and intending to land temporarily and solely in the pursuit of his calling of being a crewmember.
The proper visa classification for crewmen is the D visa. However, the C-1 visa is also given to crewmen who will be in immediate and continuous transit through the U.S. to join a ship or aircraft in the U.S. Consular officials often issue a dual transit/crewmember visa called “C-1/D”.

More Info

A-1 or A-2 Visa for Diplomats and Foreign Government Officials

The A-1 diplomatic visa is a nonimmigrant visa granted to foreign officers of permanent diplomatic missions or consular posts to allow them to enter the United States and engage in official activities.
The Head of State or Government, without regard to his purpose of travel qualifies for an A visa. As for other diplomats and foreign government officials, your position within your country’s government and your purpose of travel determine whether you need an A-1 or A-2 visa. Immediate family members of diplomats and government officials receive A-1 or A-2 visas, with few exceptions. Personal employees, attendants, or domestic workers for diplomats and government officials (holding a valid A-1 or A-2 visa) may be issued A-3 visas.
To qualify for an A-1 or A-2 visa, you must be traveling to the United States on behalf of your national government to engage solely in official activities and perform functions that are governmental in nature for that government.
Any government official traveling to the United States to perform non-governmental functions like travelling as a tourist needs to obtain the appropriate visas. More Info


G Visas for Employees of International Organizations and NATO Visas

G visa is given to diplomats, government officials, and employees who will work for international organizations in the United States. NATO visa is given to officials and employees of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) who will discharge functions for NATO in the United States.Depending on the position or designation, you may receive a G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4 visa, G-5 visa.

  • G-1 – Permanent mission members of a recognized government to a designated international organization and their immediate family members
  • G-2 – Representatives of a recognized government traveling temporarily to the United States to attend meetings of a designated international organization and their immediate family members
  • G-3 – Representatives of non-recognized or non-member governments and their immediate family members
  • G-4 – Individuals coming to the United States to take up an appointment at a designated international organization, including the United Nations, and their immediate family members
  • G-5 – May be issued to personal employees or domestic workers of a G-1 – 4 visa holders.

The same applies to NATO visas. To receive a NATO-1, NATO-2, NATO-3, NATO-4, NATO-5, or NATO-6 visa, you must be traveling to the United States under the applicable provision of the Agreement on the Status of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization or the Protocol on the Status of International Military Headquarters Set Up Pursuant to the North Atlantic Treaty. This includes national representatives, international staff, and immediate family members. Personal employees or domestic workers of a NATO-1 – 6 visa holder may be issued NATO-7 visas.


1. Domestic Employees of Diplomats To Get Protection

U Visa for Victims of Certain Crimes

The U visa is a temporary visa granted to victims of certain criminal activities which occurred in the United States, a U.S. territory or U.S. military installation or violated U.S. laws. The victim must have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse as a result of the criminal activity and must possess credible and reliable information about the criminal activity. Also, the victim must have been helpful, are being helpful or are likely to be helpful in the investigation and prosecution of the crime.
Among the qualifying criminal activities included are abduction, blackmail, domestic violence, extortion, involuntary servitude, witness tampering, obstruction of justice, perjury and false imprisonment, among others. Criminal activities also include rape, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, trafficking including attempt, conspiracy or solicitation to commit any of these crimes.


T visa for Human Trafficking Victims

Human trafficking, also known as trafficking in persons, is a form of modern-day slavery in which traffickers lure individuals with false promises of employment and a better life. Traffickers often take advantage of poor, unemployed individuals who lack access to social services.
The T Nonimmigrant Status (T visa) is given to those who are or have been victims of human trafficking, and it protects victims of human trafficking and allows victims to remain in the United States to assist in an investigation or prosecution of human trafficking.
To be eligible, one has to be in the US, American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana island or at any port of entry here in the US due to human trafficking. Said person must be helpful to the police or law enforcement officers in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking, with certain exceptions. Said person must demonstrate that he/she will suffer extreme hardship involving unusual and severe harm if removed from the United States.More Info

1. Humanitarian Parole

2. Trafficking Victims to Benefit from DOL’s New Policy

3. Domestic Workers and Human Trafficking

4. USCIS Issues Guidelines on Surviving Relatives

5. Trafficking Victims Eligible for Green Card